World of Imagi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Dagger

Go down

The Blood Dagger Empty The Blood Dagger

Post by Mr. Cuddles Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:57 am

There were too many of them, the sounds of their snarls and growls rode his fear up his spine, was he going to die right here? The mission had to be complete, he had clumsily fought off a few while sustaining a few injuries to his arm, and chest and the most severe his left eye. If it wasn't for his lack of magic he would be able to overcome them easily, but he had nothing at his disposal. The hempen sack he kept clutched to his side, he could use what was in it, but it was far too dangerous for any mortal to wield. "...I..." there were five wolves snarling before him. It was the only way he could live, he slowly parted the sack and slipped his hand in to grasp the item. Just as he took hold a war cry was heard and then came someone charging towards him and the wolves, the sun had partially set so there was barely any light. Kesad, the young man watched as this tall individual swung their blade at the wolves while wielding a torch in their other hand. "AHHHHHH" roared the being as they swung the torch and slashed with their sword to scare them away. The wolves got the message and took off into the fading light, not to be seen anymore. Kesad had removed his hand from the sack at this time, and tightened the string, he looked up with his good eye to see the being look at him while turning to walk towards him. His injuries were great, he had been so caught up with fear he didn't realize how bad they were, the worst being his left eye and the other his chest.

It was when the person came closer that he realized what was before him, they weren't human, and it was possible he made a grave mistake for coming this way. The female took note of his garments, what he was holding, and his eye from what could be seen. Kesad was drained, he couldn't move and eventually fainted.

By the time he came to, he had found himself partially undressed inside a torch-lit cave, he woke up with a gasp and looked around trying to figure out what befell him. "Calm down human" came the voice just ahead of him, from what he could make out of the being he got a good look at their features. She was an orc, a tall one, well defined muscular form with a light green complexion, and long black hair that was partially shaved and braided on one side. "...You...you're an-" "an orc" she finished his sentence and stood up, she was holding a metal cup and approached him handing it to him. "Drink this". Kesad wasn't too sure about this, she was after all an orc, and most of them wanted nothing to do with humans, but here she was helping him. Still, in a daze he took notice of his wounds covered up, even his eye was covered with cloth carefully wrapped around his head. "Uh, thanks" he took the cup and sniffed what was inside it, then he glanced up and noticed her watching him "...What is it?" the female arched a brow "I brewed some herbs, should help give you your strength back". Nodding, the young man brought the cup to his mouth and sipped. It was bitter, with a plant taste to it, but he continued to drink it until it was gone. The female orc held her hand for the cup which she took back and went back to set it down on a table. Looking around, Kesad could see that the cave was kept neat, she had her weapons nearby, some bedding, a fire pit with a small metal pot sitting over it. Not too far was her table, where it looked like something she had built and put there. It looked like she lived alone. "I just want to say thanks, for saving me" it was hard not being able to see, but he was very grateful to be alive. The orc then turned back to look at him then nodded, she looked back to what she was doing and that was sharpening a few of her blades.

Hours had gone by and Kesad had been long asleep, he eventually woke up to find the cave partly dimmed, she had one torch going and it looked like she too had fallen asleep. Kesad searched around the room with his right eye to see where his stuff was, he noticed his robe was carefully played on a large rock, and the sack he had was laying on top of it. For an orc he expected her to go through it, and steal what was inside, but there was something different about her. She didn't threaten him or try to hurt him, and since she gave him that brew she didn't even consider poisoning him. What was her deal? Kesad thought about grabbing his things and leaving, but that would be rude of him, so he decided to lay back down on the animal skins bedding and get some sleep. At least she didn't take his pants off.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

https://worldofimagi.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Blood Dagger Empty Re: The Blood Dagger

Post by Mr. Cuddles Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:06 am

Kesad had passed out again and by the time he woke up he was staring right up at the female orc who was looking down at him "...Uh good morning" she just studied him "Any pain?" she asked, he studied her face, he could see the color of her eyes and they were a light grey color. Kesad wasn't thinking about any pain at the moment with all the sleeping he had been doing, but it seemed like it was morning, but it was hard to tell with them being in a cave. "N-no, I don't think so...I think it is managed". Kesad wasn't exactly something one to be out fighting anything, he didn't ever really venture too far outside the confines of stone walls. Sitting there he felt small when he was looking up at her, she looked like she stood at a good six feet tall, or over that. It was just his first encounter with an orc, even though he heard many stories about them. "Again, I want to thank you" she nodded then eyed him "What are you doing this far?" Kesad wasn't expecting her question, but he glanced over at the sack then back to her. "I'm on a mission". He wasn't sure how to really answer any of her other questions if she had them, he couldn't tell her what he was really doing, because he was afraid she would try to steal the artifact from him.

Kesad has a slender build, dark skin tone with black hair that was tapered on the sides and fluffed on the top and light brown eyes. It wasn't really typical to find any humans this far out unless they really had to be there. "Look, I appreciate your help, but I should probably get going" he went to push himself up, and then he felt the pain in his chest as he moved, it was quick and sharp "Ah...ah...". The orc frowned at him "You're in no condition to leave, rest. You are free to stay until you are healed". Kesad winced and looked at her with a pain filled expression "I thank you, but I must go". This made the female very curious "What is so important that you would risk dying?" the young man looked down, then he looked up at her "If you knew what I knew you would understand". In that instant, the orc lowered her arms then shook her head and walked away "You humans are always stubborn, then if you must...you are free to go" she wasn't going to keep him, and she was only trying to help.

There was a little doubt tugging at Kesad, he appreciated her help but at the same time, he felt like he was feeling torn with just leaving. Pushing himself up, he clutched at his chest and started to make his way to his things. It was a chore trying to put his robe on, then he took hold of the cloth sack and started to walk. Each step made him feel guilty, but he had a mission he had to fulfill, one he knew was dangerous. Then he stopped and looked at her as she was starting up her firepit again, she just looked at him watching him. "...May I ask?" he could feel the burning in his chest, the cuts from the wolves were deep and he could feel it each time he moved. "I'm a human, why would an orc like you save me? You could have left me to die". He noticed her features soften and then she shrugged "Not all orcs are bad" was her response, it seemed she wanted to say more, but she held back. "My name is Kesad, may I know your name? So that I can remember your kindness?" she frowned while poking at the fire with a stick "Bula". Kesad blinked then smiled "Bula, that's a nice name. Thank you". Then he continued for the exit, but he stopped to look back one last time to see her staring down into the flames. It seemed like she was sad that he was leaving, she had a different kind of expression on her face this time.

As he was walking towards the entrance he noticed a makeshift door, so he opened and walked through. It seemed she had made the cave into her home, and it also seemed that she was lonely. As he stepped out further all he could see were trees and hills, but it looked like he was far from where they first met. Now he just had to follow his map again, he was going to have to be careful.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:57 am

The sun hung high beating its rays through the trees, it was a warm day and the robe he was wearing was starting to grow uncomfortable. Unfortunately, in his haste, he didn't really pack much for his journey. He lived mostly on berries, and water from a creek he would come across every now and then. Kesad couldn't help but think about the lone orc, she did save his life and then he just up and left her like that. Granted he did thank her and bid her farewell, it still felt wrong, but he had to make this journey alone. There was no need to involve a stranger with his affairs, he was going to be in danger regardless. As he made his way through the woods the shades from the leaves and branches grew tighter casting shadows on the forest floor, maybe he made a wrong turn? Kesad looked at his map and dragged his finger along a trail he was sure to follow, but it looked right. It looked like he had to venture deeper into the woods, and that meant there was going to be more dangerous. Looking around, he wandered around some nearby bushes and walked up to a tree where it had some fallen branches and twigs near its base. He squatted and eyed a few to determine which would be suitable for defending himself. Kesad managed to find one, it had the right weight, length, and a good grip. It reminded him of a fighting staff, and he was sure it would come in handy. Most of all he wished he could use his magic again, it was hard as is trying to get around on foot without some kind of defense. The pain on his chest was at a dull throb now, but it still hurt with any arm movement he made, his eye ached, but it wasn't bad.

With cautious steps, he made sure to sinch the cloth sack to his waist with a few quick ties as he approached the darker area of the woods. There were different sounds, more birds as well as other animals could be heard inside, but very subtle. His concerns were more wolves and any other creatures that would try to harm him, he made sure to note his surroundings in case he had to hide, or flee. Kesad used his new stick like a walking stick, he poked it into the ground with each step and even stopped a few times to observe the terrain for anything hiding in the bushes. So far it seemed safe, but he couldn't let his guard down. As he walked along he looked up to see just enough sun trying to cut through the tree leaves, it also made this part of the woods beautiful to look at. Just then he heard a snap of a twig, he stopped and crouched while having a firm grip on his stick. What was he to do? He was right in the open and whatever it was that made that sound would see him, he slowly crawled over to a nearby bush and hid behind it and waited. It wasn't long till he saw a buck roam by, the deer was calm as he sniffed around looking for something to eat. Kesad looked on to observe it, then he watched as he bounded out of sight. Feeling so relief, he got up and started back on his path again. If only he could hurry out of here before nightfall when he was sure to have a better chance at survival.

It had been a while and the sun was starting to set, Kesad was sitting on a nearby rock snacking on a few berries his found as well as some figs he pulled off a nearby tree. It was indeed a very lucky find, and he was grateful. Of course, he made sure to stash away some for later that way he wouldn't have to worry about finding food for a little while. Once he was done he started again, he was feeling good about this as nothing dangerous came after him just yet. Kesad smiled, he was feeling hopeful and he couldn't wait to rid himself of the burden he carried. As he stepped forward he heard a loud snap, then it happened so fast it was a blur. Something snagged his foot and he was slung up and was now hanging upside down under a high tree branch, the speed of being pulled made everything hurt. Did he just step on a trap? Kesad tried to look up, he could see the rope tied tight around his ankle, then he followed it down as far as he could see. Who would place a trap here? and were they nearby? Quickly he had to pull himself up and try to free himself, but the rope was on there good "..." what was he to really say? Everything was going smoothly, and he let his guard down for that moment and now this happens? All he could think back to was Bula the orc, how if she saw him this way she would probably say "I told you so". But, it seemed she was referencing his injuries more than his lack of ability, so he wasn't sure. Again, Kesad pulled himself up and tried to tug at the rope but it was making it tighter and a little painful.

Was this how it was going to end for him? Dying by hanging upside down from a tree? He just allowed himself to dangle there for a moment while he could feel overwhelming dread close in on him. Whoever set the trap would be back at some point, right? By now the sun was setting more, and it was getting darker and eerier by the minute. Kesad could free himself if he were to use the artifact, but it was a dangerous risk and it wasn't a good plan as much as he wanted out. Reaching for the sack he carefully undid it and held it so it didn't fall out of his hand, he reached into the sack to pull out the item. It was a dagger, but no ordinary dagger. This dagger was forged by the blood of a deity, a being who bestowed this dagger onto its kin. He clutched it and pulled himself up and swiped at the rope. He didn't take into account how high up he was as he fell onto his back, he could feel the surge of pain coursed through his body before blacking out. When he came to, Kesad opened his eyes to see himself surrounded by creatures that were blurred out "Wha...who-" they cackled and screeched with glee "We caught a human" one of them hissed. They immediately grabbed at him and picked him up, they were small and green, their clothing was a mix of different things, one of them had a metal pot on its head and the other had a helmet that looked like it was worn by someone before. Each one was dressed in their own way, they were goblins and lived and thrived by greed. Kesad tried to wiggle away, but they held him tight above their heads as they hurried to their domain "Hey let me go!" Kesad was in pain, and it was hard for him to fend them off.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:34 pm

By now it was nightfall, and a strong pungent smell woke him up, he noticed a scruffy looking goblin waving a cup with some strange foul smelling liquid in front of his face. Kesad felt like he could retch and tried to get away from him, but he found himself bound to a wooden post that was holding up part of a broken looking shack. They had a compound, it was surrounded by various junk, a wall with a large working gate they threw pieces together to make. They were resourceful, but they were also pests. "Let me go" Kesad tried to pull his hands free, but they had bound him tight. The goblin then held the cup to him and he turned his head "Get that away from me" with a scowl the goblin yanked back the cup and stomped off. Another one approached him, but it looked to be older "Why are you in our forest human?" he asked with a strong raspy voice, his right eye was white and his left was dark. It looked like he was blind, and it made him look very scary, there was also a scar across his eye which meant he had survived a fight before. "I was leaving, I had somewhere to go and the quickest way was through here...last I checked it wasn't anyone's forest". The other goblins were converging at this point, a lot of them hissed and cackled, even cheering on the elder goblin. The other narrowed his eyes "That dagger you had, is it important?" Kesad's eyes widened, but he was afraid to answer since there was a chance they would never give it back. "It belonged to my father, and it is all I have left of him" the goblin studied him. For an elder goblin he did look old in the face, the corners of his mouth naturally slouched, he had fine black hairs on his chin. His eyes were sunken into his head, and the top of his head was bald, he had large pointed ears that stuck out with a slight curve, but the one on his left was more bent. "You take me for a fool?" Kesad frowned "No, my father crafted it and he gave it to me". The goblin sneered "You think I don't know the story of the Blood Dagger of Mu'yru?" Kesad looked stunned, then the goblin grinned "I have been around longer than you boy. I have heard the tales...I am no fool". Kesad frowned "Then you would know how dangerous it is..." "Exactly, and a boy like you shouldn't even have it". The goblin pulled out the dagger as the light from the nearby flames made the blade gleam. "Please, I have to take it back". The goblin let out a loud snort, then tucked it in his pocket "You're not getting it back", then he signaled for the other goblins to leave with him.

For hours he sat there bound, it was uncomfortable and he needed to go to the bathroom, he was also very thirsty. With his head hung to the side he had managed to nap for a little bit before he woke up to what looked to be a female goblin, she had short black hair and large brown eyes, she studied him with a smile. Kesad blinked a few times with his good eye and stared up at her, what did she want from him? "I have nothing else..." she moved closer and sniffed him, then she reached up with her clawed hands and touched the bandage over his eye. "...No, don't!" he drew his head back in fear that she would try to hurt him. She looked surprised then tilted her head a bit "I want to see" she stated, she looked young and curious. Kesad shook his head "N-" before he could say anything else there was a loud booming voice. "GET AWAY FROM HIM!" it was the elder goblin from earlier, he looked at the female goblin with disappointment. She nearly jumped like a cat and quickly backed away "...S-sorry father...I-" he eyed her and she quickly hurried off. So this was how it was going to be? Kesad was now their prisoner? He was desperate and didn't want any more shame by wetting himself "Please, can I at least relieve myself?" the elder stared at him for a moment, then motioned for two male goblins to assist him. They had untied him from the post, but they made sure to bound his hands in front of him along with a rope to use as a lead. Kesad didn't know how he was going to get out, the two goblins had weapons with them, one had bow and arrows, the other had a sword. In his state, he couldn't really get away even if he wanted to. They took him just a little way to where he could take care of business, it was hard to do it with them watching him, but he didn't care at this point since all he wanted was some relief.

Kesad was seated again and the rope they used was tied around the post which allowed him room to move a little, it seemed they were going to hold him there for a while.

Unbeknownst to him, he was followed the whole way there, the person remained in hiding the whole time, monitoring his activities. It seemed they had a keen interest in him and these goblins. The cloaked figure decided to wait for their opportunity, it would be a matter of time before they would strike.

Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:24 pm

By now hours had passed, and most of the goblins were in their dens sleeping, but he was still guarded by two who would walk back and forth, there were other guards but they were further away. Some were in their towers looking over the wall to make sure it was safe, it seemed they had a grasp on security. Kesad was in and out of sleep, there was no way he could stay here and he needed to figure a way out. The two guards walked back and forth ever so often, they would still keep an eye on him as they pass and with his hands now tied in front of him it would make it tricky to try work at the ropes. There was as a sudden weird feeling, like a shift in energy in the air which caused the two goblins to stop and stand near him. Other goblins nearby also sensed something and were on their guard, one other came running by with a torch as he ran to the gate. If someone was breaking in it wouldn't take much effort, it wasn't like the walls were thick with ballistae at every corner heavily guarded to keep intruders out. Kesad knew that goblins weren't always as smart as they thought they were, it was why so many were killed off, and that they were viewed as pests. About six goblins stood before the gate, they readied their weapons while the others in the distance drew their bows. The two goblins that are guarding over the young monk were also on their guard with their makeshift shields up and their swords ready.

There was silence--eerie--very unsettling, Kesad had a feeling but he wasn't sure just yet, but the air felt thick as if something very dangerous was doing this. "Untie me, now!" he called to the guards, he knew what it was and it left him scared. "Please! I can help! Untie me!" one of the goblins sneered at him "We take no orders from a human". The feeling of dread was overwhelming, they were all going to die and there was nothing he could do about it. This was it, it explained why the master did not go after him themselves, they didn't try to stop him because they could just send someone after him. "You can't fight what is out there..." just then the elder goblin appeared and walked towards the gate "What is the meaning of this?" he questioned the captain of the guards. "Sir, we believe there is something waiting to break in". Kesad was feeling helpless "They're after me, and they'll kill you too". The elder goblin bared his teeth and marched over to him "You bring death onto our camp?!" Kesad narrowed his eye at him "I did no such thing, you kidnapped and brought me here...what has been following I had no knowledge of till now. If you free me, then you might have a chance...that dagger you took is what they want". There was an angry look on the goblin's face, he huffed then reached at his side to pull out the dagger. "And you want me to just hand it to them?" "No...they mustn't have it! I-I need to get it away from here". The goblin smirked "To think I would just hand such a relic off to a boy who can hardly stand his own in a fight? I'll keep it safe". The goblin tucked it back and went back to the gate, he then raised his voice "WHOEVER YOU ARE OUT THERE, YOU WILL DIE IF YOU COME INSIDE! HEED MY WORDS!". In the distance, Kesad could see the female goblin from before she looked at him then immediately hid upon the order that they were to stay put. "ALL OF YOU BACK INSIDE!" there were families, and they were all going to die.

Just then, a black shadowy mist crept under the gate, it looked like smoke. Kesad started to jerk his hands around in his binds trying to yank them free "Untie me now!" he begged, but it had fallen on deaf ears. Just then the mist swelled and the gate was forced open. Standing before them was a person, they were surrounded by this pitch black shadow, as the goblins looked up they saw the neck of a snake large enough to eat them whole looking down with its red eyes, it was made of shadows, the black swirled unsteadily around them. The person's face could not be seen, they wore a similar robe to what Kesad had on, their head and face were covered by a hood and mask. In that instant Kesad could hear the older goblin say words filled with fear "By Kekuug's breath..." he stood back stunned, they were all stricken with fear. Kesad was yanking as hard as he could to free himself, it was painful but he managed to loosen enough to get his one hand out, then he worked at untying the other. The being slowly stepped forward, the snake coiled slowly in the air, then it moved down onto the right of them. The elder goblin frowned "Why do you come here?" the person just looked over at the goblin, then over at Kesad and pointed at him. It was one of those moments where one's soul almost leave one's body and cross over onto another plane. What made it so unsettling was that he knew who this person was, they were one of the master's favorite students and their display for control was impressive and very terrifying.

The goblin furrowed his brow "If we hand him over, will you leave?" he knew they were coming for the dagger as was stated before, but he wanted to keep it for himself and had no intention of letting it go. The robed figure shook their heads and pointed right at him this time. The goblin glared "What do you want?" the snake drew back and hissed, was it acting on its own? It bowed its head at the level to its master's head. "I don't like liars" the voice was calm, feminine, and direct. "I can kill in one step, so if you know what is good for you. You will hand me that dagger, and the monk". The goblin wasn't budging "How do you know if I have it?". The other wasn't pleased with his answer and the snake struck one of the nearby goblins, it only bit him and he was immediately on the ground crying out in pain. "Wrong answer goblin". They all watched as the goblin's body started to turn black as he was clawing at the ground, and soon his body turned into a mist of black and was gone. "Hand me the dagger! Or I'll do it again" the elder goblin didn't want to see others suffering, he could tell they were scared for their lives. "No?" she said then shrugged. The snake reared back ready to attack and the elder goblin took off running in the opposite direction. Kesad at this time was free and he was shocked to see the goblin-run and leave his comrades behind in such a manner. With an annoyed huff, she sent the snake after those who stood in her way, it took out two more goblins and Kesad ran and held his hands up "STOP...stop...". She let out a sigh "Look if it isn't Kesad...Kesad the useless" she mocked him "I'm not here to kill you, I have my orders to keep you alive...and you're letting the dagger get away" she snarled at him as she sent the snake towards the elder goblin. He managed to crawl out of a gap in the wall before he could be bitten. "You don't seem to realize the amount of trouble you are in Kesad" she sent her snake at him and it coiled around his body choking him. "I should kill you and say it was an accident...I should". Kesad gasped "Usara...don't". She had held her hand up in a choking motion, with gripping her hand it would make the snake coil tighter. "...U...Usara..."

Last edited by Mr. Cuddles on Fri May 03, 2019 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:56 am

There she stood with a smirk behind her mask, she gripped her hand tighter watching him squirm in agony "This is kinda fun Kesad, seeing you like this". Kesad was trying to fight it, he was having trouble breathing and here she was feeling entertained. "...I...dont...und-" "You don't understand? You...betray us, and run away and expect us to still be friends?". Kesad yelped when it got tighter "It wasn't...about you! You...you don't get it!". Usara's eyes narrowed, then she loosened her grip allowing the snake to uncoil just a bit to allow him breathing room, but it was still around him. "I have my orders, I'm to bring you in along with the dagger...but since it got away, we need to find it". She motioned for the snake to carry Kesad as she turned to head in the direction of the goblin. The other's were scared and most retreated back inside, but some were willing to stand their ground. Kesad felt bad for them, their leader runs and leaves them and they still want to fight for him "No, don't" Kesad began to speak to them in protest. Usara just scoffed at them "Such weaklings, not worth killing. If I were you, I would leave right now or else I'll just wipe your whole little village". The few goblins that were left looked at one another, then they stood off to the side. It wasn't worth it, they would end up losing all their families over nothing.

They left the compound by now and were walking along the dark path looking for any signs of the goblin. Kesad was being carried by the shadow snake, and he was a prisoner. This was not now it was supposed to be, the goal was to get as far away from them and return the dagger to the rightful owner. "So tell me Kesad, what were you getting out of taking the dagger?" Kesad frowned "No use in telling you" he refused to give her any information regarding the dagger and what he had planned for it. Considering how she was wanting to kill him, she couldn't be trusted, but he did believe she could be swayed at some point. "You're not going to find him, he's actually smarter than you think" he remarked. Usara paused and looked around "Really? smarter, huh?" She looked down and noticed some tracks, but they were all over the place, some of the dirt looked disturbed as if the goblin dragged a leafed branch behind him. "Humph..." she seemed annoyed by this. Kesad didn't know what his outcome was, but if they were going back then he was better off dead. The only reason their master would want him back was to convert him into a thrall for his bidding which was the worst option. Or, he could sacrifice him, but they were things he believed at this moment.

As they moved further into the forest the tracks were mostly faded, and Usara was growing angry by the minute, then she calmed herself, she knew she had to go back with the dagger because she was trusted with such a task. Returning empty handed was not an option. They didn't know they were being followed and observed from a distance, the person had snuck around the goblin's camp and was now hiding behind a tree. Thankfully they were a skilled hunter, but they had to wait for the right moment to strike. Kesad cleared his throat "...Maybe we could retrace our steps, he could be anywhere". Usara yanked off her mask and glared at him "Or maybe you could shut up". She had a tanned olive complexion with green eyes and strands of her dark hair rested on the sides of her face. She wasn't a bad looking young woman, but her meanness was saying otherwise. "You really should reconsider what you're doing...or master is-" "I don't want to hear it Kesad, you never really liked the master since we were kids...and you were bad at everything we did. Why would I take your word?" He just sighed "I know, but just hear me out". "No" she then turned her back to him and they pressed forward. It was going to be a long day.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 am

It was midday and they finally stopped again, but this time she was angry and she lashed out a row of trees destroying them with a single blast. It looked like something large rolled through and took everything down with it. "Feeling better?" Kesad was still wrapped up and he had grown to accept this discomfort the longer he was in that situation, but he was actually hoping he would be rescued somehow by someone. Maybe he was delusional, but hope was all he had. "I highly doubt that goblin would let you find him, he's probably long gone by now" he was sure this was making her mad, but she was under orders not to kill him and take him in unharmed. Usara glared back at him then huffed "You're trying to upset me, so I can hurt you". Kesad just sighed "Does it matter? I'm already hurt...plus you always had anger issues". He could feel the snake coil tight around him which caused him to wince, then it eased off. "Watch it Kesad..." she was looking around for any tracks, but there weren't any to be followed. "Why can't you send your snake after him? Am I worth more than the dagger?" she just eyed him "Shut it". Then he realized at that moment then it gave him a glimmer of hope "You can't...because it takes more energy to do it", he could see her scowl at him "We're done talking". That was one of the cons with shadow magic when keeping an entity by one's side for a longer duration it could weaken them if the shadow minion drifted too far, causing the connection to sever and the entity to disappear until recharge.

Just as he was starting to feel at ease an arrow flew right past him and in a split second Usara's snake deflected it with its tail. The two of them looked in the direction, but whoever shot it was quick to move out of sight. Usara walked over and picked up the arrow, she examined it then looked over at him "Let me guess, you got a friend?" Kesad blinked "...No, I don't know anyone who would bother to follow me..." she threw the arrow down and looked around some more "Right" just then another arrow came flying and she was able to block it with a shadow shield. "Come out you coward, face me instead of hiding!" she called out with an annoyed tone. "I can do this all day". Another arrow came and this time she was able to block it, but as she did that what sounded like large beast came charging at her with a large mace and swung it at her. It happened so quickly that she was barely able to get out of the way, she stumbled and fell looking up at the monster "...". Kesad's good eye widened but he couldn't react in fear that it would make things worse, but he was glad to see her again.

Usara was on her feet and went to throw a blast but the other swung right past it and clipped her on her arm, she shrieked and staggered back "...You...you vile beast. Don't get involved you stupid orc". There she was, Bula readied her large mace again and swung it in an upward motion forcing the other to drop back, she readied her magic shield as the mace slammed down on top of it. Usara was not physically strong enough to contend, but her magic was not something to scuff at "Do you want to die?" she sneered as the orc then punched at her shield. Out of desperation her snake released Kesad and slithered up towards the orc ready to strike. Bula then swung her mace at it which knocked it back a little, this was a surprise since it was somehow corporeal. The snake hissed and charged again trying to strike her, she blocked each strike with precision. Kesad had fallen to the ground and rolled onto his side as he was trying to fight the deadness in his legs, he watched as Usara was attempting to shoot her energy at the orc, he picked up a stone and threw it to distract her. This caused Usara to summon a giant black shadow fist from under him and grab him while she continued to deal with the orc. Kesad knew this was not going to end well for Usara, she summoned two corporeal minions, and she had better control over one. He knew her weakness, something she hid from their master for the longest time. The orc was still deflecting and swinging at the snake as well as dodging and blocking the magic blasts. "You b-tch!" Usara growled as she put more energy into her snake trying to get it to get in for a kill, but the orc was skilled at fighting and seemed to know almost every angle. Kesad was very impressed that she could hold her own for this long, soon weakness was setting in for the other monk, her attacks weren't as fast and the snake was starting to show signs of weakness as well.

The fight continued, and Usara was down on one knee, and the orc was holding her mace steady ready for a swing with her breathing rate up. Both seemed tired. "Stay out of this!" the orc never said a word the whole time, she couldn't for the sake of Kesad as he couldn't say anything as well. Usara tried to muster up her strength with her snake, but right when she did that the snake shrieked and vanished in a cloud of black, and so did the hand. She let out a gasp as she dropped onto her side and laid there in pain, she had strained herself and her energy was in a spiral. This was her chance, Bula rushed over and scooped up Kesad by slinging him over her shoulder and hurried away as far as they could go before she was able to safely set him down, his body was still tingling but it was starting to function again. "...T-thank you Bula" he said with a smile when he noticed her brow furrow "We have to keep going" she helped him up and they hurried further ahead and out of the way, all their questions would be answered later.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 am

They had been moving as far as they could for a while now, and he was certain they had some distance between them and Usara. Along the way, Bula made sure to cover some of their tracks, and even change direction just in case, but as long as they were far that was what mattered. It had been a few hours and they finally stopped and Kesad was able to sit on a stump nearby, he was still feeling sore all over but he was fine. Bula had strapped her mace to her back and walked over to him, she then knelt down and stared right into his face with a disappointed look but also one of concern. Kesad blinked in response "...Okay, I'm sorry...I should have sta-" "No, you were followed" she eyed him "Did you know?" Kesad looked surprised then shook his head "I didn't know" he sighed and lowered his gaze "I'm sorry, you didn't have to save me". Then her features softened and she reached up to check his bandage on his eye "It needs changing" she reached into a pouch on her side and pulled out a few things, she had a small leather wrap with some kind of salve, some clean cloth for bandages, and a couple of things. The orc started to undo the bandage around his head and pulled the piece covering his eye carefully which caused him to wince slightly from the pain, she looked at it then tore part of the clean cloth to dab at it "You're going to have a scar". Kesad could barely open it since it was still painful "I'm fine with that, there could be worse". Bula raised a brow "You could lose your eye if it is infected" she took a dab of the salve and tapped very gently on the cut just on his lower eyelid. The burn was intense but he held it together and just breathed through it, he was gripping the side of the stump hard and clenching his teeth as she continued with placing a bandage and wrapping it again. "Take off your top" she motioned to the wound on his chest.

After everything was checked and freshly bandage the two were up and heading off into a different direction. Bula had broken off a portion of a tree branch with most of its leaves so she could drag it behind them to help distort their tracks, she was sure they would be found eventually but hopefully not soon. Kesad walked ahead of her as instructed and the night was beginning to fall, the sun was barely high above the trees and they needed to find a place, not in the open where they could stay. Kesad looked around "Should we make a torch to see?" "No" came her answer, it was quite direct but she had her reasons "We don't need to be seen". They continued as it was getting darker, eventually, they came across an area with a large tree. It was a network of trees which formed a large one, so its roots were coiled along the ground going around the very large tree. "We can stay here for the night" Bula examined the interior, there was a large gap underneath and she checked it to make sure nothing was living in it. Kesad wasn't too sure, but he went along as he walked in behind her, it was dark but soon a spark as she pulled out a flat stone and struck it with another over some leaves and carefully kept it from the wood of the tree. It had been a while that he had a good night's rest, so he leaned back against the inner wall of the tree and tried to get comfortable "Are you going to sleep?" Bula shook her head "No, I need to keep watch, you rest". He watched as she worked at pushing a mound of dirt around the leaves, but it was making it hard for him to rest knowing she was going to be up all night. "Bula, why did you come after me?" Kesad was grateful, but he wondered why she went through all the trouble. Bula stared out into the dark, the moon had come out and casts its glow on most of the forest, so it wasn't too hard to see anymore. "I was going to hunt, and noticed other tracks besides yours, so I followed them". She looked over at him for a minute "Why aren't you sleeping?" Kesad shrugged "I can't, I'm tired, but I just feel too stressed to sleep I guess, and I feel bad that you can't sleep". The orc raised a brow in response, then shrugged. Kesad looked down at the fire "Why are you alone?" "You talk too much" she spoke with a slightly stern tone this time, but it only made him curious. "Please, you didn't really answer my question...why did you come after me, really?" he noticed her face soften, and he could see her side eye him briefly before turning fully "I am an orc, and you are a human...our race don't get along. Why did I help you? Because I wanted to, I didn't have to, but it was the right thing to do. I followed your enemy because I didn't want them to hurt you, so I helped you because...it was the right thing". Kesad was surprised by her answer, but he felt there was more to it, but he didn't want to push. "I am very grateful Bula, I want you to know that" he could see her turn to look out again and he sighed and closed his eyes and tried to sleep.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:49 am

The night went on and soon it was dawn, the sun barely crested when Bula nudged him on his shoulder to wake him. Kesad woke up and looked over at her then squinted his eyes as he looked out "We need to keep moving" she said while crawling out from the tree, he noticed the fire had died down long ago and that it smelled fresh outside like it had rained. As he followed her out he couldn't help but watch the sun from a distance, but he noticed her moving on in a hurry. The two continued further going through the woods, Kesad followed closely while glancing back here and there "I'm pretty sure she won't catch up to us any time soon" he stated while carefully dodging through the various branches and leaves. Bula pushed through, then paused "You should never underestimate your enemy, I'm sure she could find us if he persists...the more steps we have ahead the better". Kesad nodded and they continued, he took notice of her mace on her back, it looked very worn like it had been used many times before. "Did you fight many people?" she didn't answer him right away as they were climbing over a torn down tree and watching any possible poisonous plants on the way. "I have fought many, yes..." Kesad hoped he wasn't bothering her, but he figured he would get to know her at least if she would allow him. "Have you killed?" Bula frowned as she slowly pushed some branches out of the way "It is apart of survival, there will be losses...I take no joy in it".

As they traveled deeper into the woods, they eventually came across a large clearing, there were large rocks scattered about the grassy field. Just ahead there was a creek which ran down the hill to what sounded like a waterfall. Kesad wasn't hurting as much thanks to her helping him with his wounds, though he wished he could do more. "Could you teach me?" the two of them stopped near a large rock, then she sniffed the air and motioned for him to get behind one as she hid. "Is someth-" "Shh" she shushed him and leaned carefully around the rock and looked around, her eyes caught a small group of human males walking just ahead. Kesad was able to lean around her and peek, it looked like they were heading out for a hunt as they had their weapons with them. "Maybe they could help us" he whispered to her, but she frowned "No, we trust no one". They waited until the group had passed, then they went their separate ways to avoid being seen. "Trust no one? But Bula...we-" She looked at him slightly annoyed "You don't seem to know how the world works...you can't trust every person, you have to take care of yourself". Kesad frowned "Look...I may not have been around many people and I understand trust being an issue, and you are right...but perhaps" Bula snorted in annoyance and turned to leave him, he watched her walk away "Wait..." he jogged after her, then grabbed his chest as it was pulling at his wound "I'm sorry, you're right..." he winced "But, would you teach me how to fight?" he kept following close until she stopped. "I'm not a teacher" and she started walking again. This made him feel a bit discouraged, but at least he asked, maybe he could find some way to learn.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:49 am

The two made it to a waterfall, they carefully scaled their way down the side and to the lower river's edge, it was slick on some areas but there were no incidents. Kesad remained quiet the whole way down as he felt that he was bothering his orc companion, but it seemed she had a lot on her mind as is. His mind was in a whirl as well, and it had to do with losing the artifact and being chased by a crazy student from home and now he was walking with an orc who was hard to read, this had turned into an adventure. Soon, Bula stopped "We'll rest here, then keep going" he just nodded and sat down on a rock, he watched as she went to splash water on her face. "I'll find us something to eat, you stay here" she instructed him as she wandered along the river's edge looking for any fish. Kesad just sighed and stared over at the water, he was feeling inadequate and it was starting to annoy him, she didn't want to teach him how to fight and it was something he was going to need to learn. Watching her scout for fish, he got up and grabbed a nearby stick and started to swing it a few times. The swinging aggravated his chest injury, but he kept at it trying different swings, going up, going down, from left and to right, he didn't care if it tired him out he wanted to practice.

Bula had managed to catch two fish and looked up to see him swinging away at the air, this caused her to raise a brow then she sighed. Perhaps she was a bit too harsh with telling him no, she walked back over and laid the fish down on a rock and started to work on a fire. "You're holding it wrong", she remarked while preparing the flames, this caused Kesad to stop and look at her with surprise. He was so caught in the moment he didn't realize she had returned, then he scowled "Now you want to teach me?" she noticed the annoyed look on his face, and she skewered the fish on sicks before standing them over the flames. "You want me to teach you?" Kesad's frown grew more "...are you mocking me?" Bula blinked then lowered her gaze "I'm sorry for how I was with you earlier" she approached him and looked down at his hands "Here" she took hold of his right hand and moved it up on the stick, then moved his left hand down. "You have to be in control, but you must always have a firm grip, never let your weapon slip out of your hand" she showed him by pulling his hands back and forth with the weapon.

The young monk was surprised that she was showing him how to fight, but he couldn't help but admire her strength, and her exotic features, he noticed what she wore showed some raised bumps on her skin in a certain pattern. Kesad didn't want to ask, but he made sure he took in what she was saying "I think I got it" Bula raised a brow "You need to build strength, go pick up that rock over there" she pointed in the direction, but there were about four rocks of different sizes. Dropping the stick he walked over to one that looked alright in size then he heard her again "Not that one" she pointed again and he knew which one she meant, it was larger and heavier. "This one?" Kesad pointed and noticed her nod "...But I don't think I could lift this" Bula shrugged "Then why should I train you if you won't try?" Kesad blinked at her response, then he sighed "Okay...I'll pick it up" he bent down then heard her again "That's how you throw your back, bend your knees". He crouched down to pick it up, the rock had weight to it, but he was able to lift it but it was the holding part that was hard. "...Ok...okay I...got it..." he could barely hold it for long and he dropped it. Bula went back over to the fish and took them both off the fire "Come eat, then try again". Kesad was reluctant because he wanted to prove he could do it, but he was hungry so he went to eat the other fish.

Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:38 am

As the two finished up their meal, Kesad sat there in thought about everything that transpired that day. Bula was also sitting and looking out at the lake, her mind was in a whirl on what she got herself into. What kind of orc travels with a human? And what was their objective? Kesad looked over at her, then he looked up towards the sun passing over the lake, it was a beautiful view. There was a waterfall close by, a nice open lake, and nothing but fresh air. Just then he noticed her get up and walk off towards the side of the waterfall, she disappeared passed some rocks and he figured she was going to come back at some point. Possibly, she needed to relieve herself, but he didn't want to go and make things weird. After a while he got up and went to pick up the rock again, he wanted to see if he was able to lift it more than the first time. It was hard cause the rock had a lot of weight to it, but he wanted to get stronger so he could be more 'useful'. Then, there was a sound of splashing right behind him, he had his back facing the lake when he turned to see Bula swimming around. It took him a minute to realize she was completely nude, he quickly turned away feeling a little embarrassed with the thought of seeing things he shouldn't. Still, he continued to lift the rock a few times while counting "12.....15.......19" his arms were getting tired, but with the squatting and lifting it was sure to help him use muscles he barely used.

Setting the rock down he took a break, but he made sure not to look back at the lake which was considerably hard since it was a nice view with the sun still up. It wasn't long till the splashing stopped and by then he was seated by the fire, he had taken off his robe and was wearing only his tunic, pants, and leather shoes. Perhaps it was best that he too took a bath, it had been some days and his shirt was in need of a wash after having some dried blood left on it. Carefully he pulled his tunic off and looked at it, the spot where he attacked had a large claw mark with some shredded material, his robe even had that same mark as well. It was the only clothes he had. Bula came back, she had dressed back into her clothes and walked over to sit by the fire. She looked at him and noticed he had removed his top "Better get in while it is warm" she nodded to the lake. Kesad knew he couldn't get in fully cause of injuries, but he gave a nod and got up to head in the direction she had gone to.

Instead of swimming out he had stayed closer to the edge and bathed there, he didn't feel comfortable with the idea of swimming and her seeing him. Or anyone to see him for that matter, plus he couldn't get his wounds wet.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:19 am

It was nice to finally clean his body of all the sweat and grime, Kesad had dressed and walked back over to their small camp, the flames were dying out but he didn't see Bula anywhere. There was a pang of fear that came over him, did something happen to her? She was a large woman, capable of fighting and defending herself from all angles. It would take a lot to take her down, and he saw proof of this when she fought off Usara. Kesad looked around, he looked at the ground and noticed her footprints in the sand and dirt, they were headed towards the woods. Why? Kesad decided to follow, but he easily lost them as he approached a more grassy terrain. He wasn't much of a tracker, but he was able to take notice of small twigs crushed under the weight, and he went in further and walked quietly in case someone had been watching them. As he moved in further he heard something "LET ME GO!" it was loud like a woman's voice, but it wasn't Bula. Was a woman in danger? Or did Bula attack her? There were so many thoughts going through his mind, and in that instant, he started to move quickly through the brush almost tripping a few times. Right as he neared the sounds something reached out and grabbed him, pulling him back behind the tree. Kesad felt his head spin and his fight or flight kicked in "Hey-" then a hand went over his mouth. It was Bula, but what was she doing? Kesad blinked and looked up at her, she shushed him then looked back at what was happening. Eventually, she released him allowing for him to turn around and see for himself. Just ahead there were about seven men surrounding a woman who was captured by a net, they stood and cackled about what plans they had for her. "NO, LET ME GO! PLEASE!" she was begging them. One of the men crouched down and reached out to touch her face "Her face is soft like a peach...I would hate to ruin it" he smirked, and they began to cut the net.

Kesad frowned "We have to do something!" he said in a harsh whisper "We have to help her, we can't just stand here and watch". Bula furrowed her brow and continued to observe, she seemed focused but it was as if she wasn't going to do anything. Kesad started to get mad "...Bula?!" she looked at him "Wait" she then looked back up. Kesad just didn't understand, he didn't want something to happen to the woman cause they stood, and waited. The men were toying with her, they would poke at her, touch her, and one of them grabbed her by her leg pulling her. They continued to discuss their plans, and it was starting to nag at him "...What are w-" Bula covered his mouth again "Wait!" she said sternly. Just as she said that she uncovered his mouth and stood back, she grabbed her mace from its strap, then she picked up a large rock and chucked it towards a tree just a few trees to the right of them. The men stopped when they heard the sound, one was directed to investigate while the others waited. One of them picked up the woman and slung her over his shoulder and walked back. She was kicking and screaming, but to no avail, he wasn't going to let her go. One of the men walked into the wooded area he went towards the sound he heard, and Bula motioned for Kesad to sit low as she walked slowly towards him. The man looked around and didn't see anything, he was carrying an ax which had nicks and dirt on it, it looked like it had been used a lot. With a grunt, he shrugged and turned to leave when Bula punched him straight in the face. The man dropped to the ground and laid there, then she went back to were Kesad was. "...You punched him?" Bula watched the men now to see what they would do when the man wouldn't return. It was only a matter of time.

It wasn't long till the leader grew concerned and motioned for two of the other men to go find out what had happened, now they were really on their guard. Kesad was watching this all take place, the two men walked into the area looking around. Bula then picked up another stone and threw it in a different direction hitting a tree further away. This alerted them both and they started to follow the sound, one of them started to walk off at an angle so they could sneak up on the imaginary person. Again, Bula got up and moved carefully through the bush, it was going to be tricky with having to take them both down with the idea of drawing in the others. The orc got close to one, she then grabbed him from behind, putting him in a sleeper hold. The man couldn't scream as she had a tight grip at his throat, eventually, he passed out and she dragged his body over to a bush and dumped it. The other one was too far ahead to notice, but he did turn around to see if his comrade was there. By this time Bula had moved out of sight, she came around and hid in a bush watching him. The man stopped and looked around "Thior?" it was strange that the man could go missing like that. Now was her chance, she emerged from the bush and punched him straight in the back of his head. Now there were four left, but it was best to weed them out slowly due to the circumstance of a captured person.

The young monk was surprised by this, she wasn't just a brute who would charge into battle, but a tactician as well. Looking over at the smaller group he figured out what she was doing, and why she had silenced him this whole time. She had to get their numbers smaller, or it would make things far difficult with rescuing the woman. Once she returned to their spot she brought both her hands up to her mouth and cupped them over her lips, she made a very specific animal sound, like a hawk. Bula noticed the men stir, the one holding the woman had started to tie her up at this time and the others were directed by the leader to move in and find out what was going on. One man had to stay behind to make sure both the woman and the leader were covered. The two men walked in, but they were close to where Kesad and Bula were. Kesad was pushed down at this time, she made sure he could hide while she waited for them to approach. With her mace still drawn she kept herself behind the tree watching as one of them went to the right and the other followed but was heading for her tree. As the man neared she punched him, but she got him just slightly as he stumbled back from her. The other man turned and charged at her with his damaged sword raised. Bula swung her mace and knocked it out of his hand, the other got up and swung at her but she managed to stop his swing with her mace and kicked him. The fight went on for a few minutes before both men were down for the count. It was obvious they were fighting someone, and she had seen the leader get close to the trees to look for himself, she had hurried back to the tree and waited. The leader had motioned the other to guard the woman, he walked in and drew his sword "Come out! You dare kill my men and hide, you coward?!" Bula didn't move and waited until he was just a little closer. Kesad was laying on the ground under the bush trying to remain silent and hidden, but where he was he would be safe.

The man walked up cautiously towards the tree "I will kill you myself, I swear by it!". Bula didn't kill his men, they were all knocked out, she didn't try to shed blood unless she had to. The man held his sword out and she could see it on her left, she had her back against the tree and her mace held firm in both hands waiting and deciding her next move. "GET OUT! FACE ME!" he charged forward and swung towards the tree. Bula deflected it with her mace and the man let out a gasp of shock as he was shocked by what he was fighting, he was angry and started to swing at her, he dodged her attacks and continued to lunge. It seemed he was a much better fighter than she expected. The two swung, but his swings were a little quicker as he was able to cut her on her upper left shoulder, it was superficial but he still got her. With a smirk, he jumped back "What say you orc? Think you can dance with me?" Bula ignored her wound and was careful with any step she made, she watched as he readied himself "Come on, I haven't fought a beast like you in a while...I can proudly say I even killed one of you before". As upsetting as it was, Bula didn't allow his words to phase her, so what if he killed any of her kind it didn't matter to her because she only lived for herself and no other. "No words?" the man raised a brow "The others-" "You talk too much" her nostrils flared in annoyance as she swung at him, the man managed to dodge and he swung clipping her thigh. She staggered forward and turned to face him again. Kesad was worried about Bula, what if the man did hurt her? She had done so much for him and all he could do was watch her fight. He had to do something, he couldn't let her fight alone like this. Pushing himself to his knees he started to crawl carefully through the bush, then he managed to find a large stone - large enough for him to carry in one hand. Kesad grabbed it then he crawled back to where he was, he carefully emerged from the bush and stood close up against the tree. Perhaps if he distracts him it would give her a chance, he had to do something. "I gotta make this count" he muttered to himself, though he felt doubtful.

Drawing his hand back he could feel the pull of the wound on his chest which started to ache, but he ignored it as he set his eyes on the man as he was ready to swing again. With all his strength he threw the rock forward losing his footing and falling forward, the rock sailed through the air and struck the man in the side of his head. The man then fell to the side his sword dropping out of his hand on impact. Bula looked surprised then over at Kesad as he was pushing himself up, she was hurt but she was fine as she nodded to him with a faint smile and made her way to the last man. Upon stepping out of the woods, the man had his sword drawn and ready "You stay back orc, go away or I'll kill her" he turned his sword on the woman who started to shriek "..No..no..please...". Bula eyed the man "You won't kill her, you're bluffing" she stated as she started to approach him which made him point his sword back at her "Get away!". Kesad came around but he hid, he picked up a rock and tossed it over the man's head which made him look away just long enough for Bula to charge and knock him down, she stepped on his chest pinning him. "Kesad!" the young man walked out from the woods and noticed her nodding over to the woman. He hurried and started to untie her binds, but as for the man she kept him awake. "What were you going to do with her?" the man gulped "...Nothing...she had fallen into our trap, we were hunting-" "So you decided to keep her?" she pressed harder onto his chest making him whimper and cough "No...it wasn't me! It was our leader, he-" Bula frowned at him "Yet you were enjoying the fun". The man was scared out of his wits "...Okay, yes...I wanted to keep her too, and I'm sorry. Please...don't kill me". Bula pulled her foot off of him once Kesad was able to get the woman freed, she motioned for them to go. "Let this be a lesson to you" she kicked him in his side and walked off in the direction the other two headed. The man laid in pain holding his side and moaned out, it was a liver shot.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Sat May 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Bula caught up to the other two as they continued to move, just in case one of those men woke up and decided to chase after them. They made their way down the slightly sloped side of the hill, they carefully moved down till they were in a wooded area with a small creek. The young woman let out a sigh of relief, she was relieved about the whole ordeal, but at the same time, her mind was in a whirl with what had happened. "Thank you both, so much!" she looked at them and bowed her head to them and smiled. "I can't believe you are real". Kesad blinked at her statement "Real?" this also made Bula curious "What do you mean by that?" The woman knew they would be confused "I saw you both in my dreams, I thought they were just dreams and then when I saw you..." she looked down. Kesad raised a brow "You saw us in your dreams? Were we clear as day?" the woman looked up at him and nodded "Yes, it is hard to explain but, I saw you both...down to the detail. I get these dreams every now and then, some turn out true". Bula eyed her "She's a seer" the woman blinked "What? No...no...I couldn't be, I have no experience with something like that. I just get these dreams..." Kesad looked over at Bula then back to her "So you get visions of things that are about to happen?". The woman sighed "I got ran out of my village months ago...because I warned them of danger coming, but they saw me as evil and said that I had conjured evil to the village. So they cast me out. I'm no seer...to them I am a freak".

Bula leaned up against a tree and looked at her "So, that explains why you were out here". The woman was wearing a long hooded cloak, she didn't have anything else besides the garments she wore under it. "I've just been traveling until I can find somewhere safe...again I thank you both so much for saving me. I don't wish to be a burden, so I will be on my way". She smiled and nodded to them before turning to leave "Do you even know where you are going?" Bula spoke out to her, the woman paused "No...I...I just keep walking until I find a place to stay". Kesad frowned "So these dreams that you get, or visions...do they show everything or just a little of what you need to see?" the woman turned to look at him "I don't see the whole picture, for why and how. All I saw were you and her saving me, I didn't know how I would get in danger...I wasn't always like this. I started getting these dreams a few years ago after my mother died". Kesad looked back at Bula then back to her "Why don't you come with us?" he noticed Bula furrow her brow a bit "It isn't' safe for you to be out here alone like this, and you don't have a weapon". The young woman smiled "I thank you for your kindness, but I don't want to-" Bula sighed "Just come with us for a while, then once we see a safe place for you then you can go". The woman looked at them both and smiled "Thank you again" she was a short woman standing around 5'3'' she had sandy colored hair and fair skin with green eyes, most of her face could be seen except for her ears since her hair covered them along with her hood. "My name is Peridot" Kesad smiled "Like the gem?" she nodded and smiled "I can see why that's a nice name" which made her blush a little "Thanks...". "My name is Kesad" and he looked over at Bula who was by now tending to her wounds. "And that's Bula". The woman seemed curious "I have never seen an orc up close before, I always heard stories when I was a little girl...some good, some bad, but Bula seems like a nice person for you to travel with her". Kesad nodded "Yeah, she is".
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Sun May 26, 2019 3:20 am

The group rested up for a few more minutes before they had to continue moving again, it was mostly to cover as much ground in case the men decided to pursue them. Bula was in the lead as she was able to use her senses to sniff and hear if anything was dangerous ahead. Peridot walked next to Kesad and the two talked about different things, some of it is about her and how she had to deal with going out on her own, he even shared a little about his scholarly knowledge which intrigued her. Bula then stopped moving, and the two stopped as well, the orc then signaled for them to stay where they were as she went ahead to investigate. "I want to try and learn to fight" Kesad spoke out in a lowered voice "I want to help her out more, she's always doing the heavy lifting". Peridot smiled "That is very noble of you, and I feel the same way...I wish I could fight, then I wouldn't have been in that situation". It wasn't long till Bula returned and raised a brow at them "There's an old building ahead, we can bunk there". Peridot blinked "...Is it safe? As in does anyone live there?" Bula shrugged "I didn't see anyone, plus it looked like whoever lived there left many moons ago". The three ventured further into the woods, there was the shack, it looked very old and the door looked like it could fall off with ease. They went inside and saw a lot of cobwebs everywhere, and dust caked on everything. Kesad looked around and frowned "It doesn't seem like they were leaving...perhaps they ran away in fear, or were kidnapped, possibly killed?" Peridot blinked "That's a very morbid thought". Bula went to wipe the dust off of a chair and placed her foot on it to see if it was sturdy "But it could be true" she stated before sitting down so she could look over the cuts she got from her fight, she pulled out her salve and started to rub some on them so no infection took place.

Kesad walked over to the door and pushed on it to see if it was strong enough to stay up while they spent time there, he looked over a Bula "Are we staying the night?" Peridot went to dust off a cot and sit on it "Probably a good idea since it is getting darker". Bula sighed as she sat back on the chair allowing herself to relax "We rest, then we move by dawn" Kesad sighed "I guess we should get some sleep then". Bula stood up and took the chair and moved it over to the door where she pushed it up to the door handle, thankfully the door opened inward and not out, so if anyone showed up it would give some defense. Peridot looked around "Well, there isn't much to sleep on...this cot is kinda small". Kesad looked over then smiled "You can sleep there, I'll sleep on the floor". Peridot was surprised "What? No no, we could...possibly share". Kesad shook his head "No, that's fine...I think it would be uncomfortable for both of us". Peridot sighed "Well...take this then" she pulled off the sheet and handed it to him "At least have something soft to lay on" Kesad smiled "Thanks" he took the sheet and rolled folded it so it wasn't too thin and set it down on the ground so he could sit on it. He leaned back against the wall and looked over at Bula "You going to sleep?" she shrugged and went to sit in the other chair, she kicked her feet up on the table and leaned back. "I can keep a watch" Kesad spoke out, he wasn't tired yet "While you sleep, I can watch". Peridot just sat there, it wasn't comfortable but she just wasn't ready to sleep yet either "So can I" she chimed in with a smile. The orc just looked at them both then flared her nostrils "I can take care of myself" she just didn't want to depend on anyone. Kesad frowned "Just give me a chance Bula, you don't have to protect all the time...we'll wake you if we hear something". Again, the orc just wasn't sure if she could allow herself to rest, but the young man seemed sincere. "Fine, wake if you hear anything, and before dawn"
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:00 am

It had been a few minutes since Bula had drifted off to sleep, the two were sitting quietly in the not so dark room. The rays from the moon poured in through small cracks in the wooden door and walls allowing for them to see just enough. Peridot just didn't feel tired so she just leaned back against the wall while sitting sideways on the bed "When was the last time you had sleep?" Kesad had stretched out his legs and was leaning against the wall while sitting on the ground "Real sleep? a very long time, but when I can nap for a few spells it can be a luxury". Peridot nodded "I haven't really slept much either, but it isn't always that I can't sleep. My visions, tend to be stronger when I do". Kesad looked over at her "Really? Do you remember them?" she sighed "Some of the times I do, but I'll usually remember fragments. Before I met you both I had this vision, and I would get it every now and then...of this little man holding a glowing object, it was if he lost his mind. I'm not sure what it means, but it can't be good". This made Kesad very curious "You said a little man? and he was holding something? Could you make out what it was?" "No" Peridot shook her head "No, I just see this red glow, and he's staring into it as if it meant more to him than life. It is hard to describe, but he had this hunger in his eyes, and he didn't look human". That's when Kesad pushed from the wall and sat up more "...The goblin..." he spoke out but almost as if he didn't want her to hear. "A goblin?" she repeated and looked at him curiously "I have never seen those, I have only heard tales". Kesad nodded "Yeah, well that one I encountered and he has something I need to get back...the object that is glowing is beyond dangerous. If he...if he is able to attach his soul to it, and if it sees an ounce of evil it will cause a lot of destruction then destroy him".

A light gasp emitted from the young woman "...H...how did you come across such a thing?" Kesad sighed "It is a long story, but we have to get that back...do you have an idea where you saw him in your vision?" Peridot frowned "I don't know where he is, it was dark, he was sitting somewhere dark...he kept saying 'Mine' over and over. I don't know of any landmarks or anything". Kesad leaned back and nodded "We're going to have to find someone who can". She raised a brow "Who do you have in mind?" he shrugged "I have only read things, but there should be a Shaman who lives in a mountain. It would take a miracle for us to find him or her".
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down